Like usual, I am up before the crack ‘o dawn & was thinking what could I whip-up real quick. In theory, this would have proven to be quick, but that quick idea turned into a “whoops” & the “whoops” prompted me to not be defeated. Recipes are all trial & error anyways, so thank goodness for a lazy Sunday.
So, this is a “clean” peanut butter bar. I’ve made similar cookies that require no flour, etc, but this morning I was craving something in between a bar/cake. I originally set out with “low-calories in mind”, however, it just wasn’t coming together like no-flour cookies I’d made so many times before.
Pre-Heat Oven 325 & adjust Rack to the Middle
- 2 tbsp. Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp. Oat Flour (I make my own gluten-free by grinding oats)
- 1 tbsp. WW Pastry Flour (you could sub another flour here of your liking)
- 1 tbsp. Flax Meal
- 4 tbsp. Peanut Butter (it’s a powdered peanut butter)
- 2 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter *see tip
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tsp Vanilla (but honestly, I just pour!)
- 1 tbsp. Cinn. (again, a favorite ingredient, so put as much as you like)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2-3 tbsp. Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Org. Brown Sugar (or you could use an equivalent to Splenda/Truvia)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- When working with peanut butter or honey etc – coat your utensils with a quick burst of cooking spray, just a little goes along the way & it won’t cling.
- Weigh Ingredients: if you don’t have a scale already, I would suggest getting one, esp if you do a lot of baking. Often what you think you measured is not always accurate. I use my scale to make sure I’m getting exactly what I need.
- This could easily be made with Almond Butter or a combination of Nut Butters as well.
- In a large bowl, whip 3 egg whites with vanilla peanut butter & honey & almond milk.
- In another bowl combine & with Almond/Oat/WW Pastry Flours/peanut butter/Flax/Cinnamon/Salt/Baking Soda
- Combine your Dry & Wet ingredients (I do this by hand and fold everything in)
- Pour into a greased 8×8 baking dish
- Bake @ 325F for 12-15 min. (15 worked me!)