Okay, quick confession- I’m not good at “girl stuff”. This includes cooking, cleaning, decorating, etc. So, when my blogging friends decided we should have a Chili Party, I hesitated. But, I have a best friend who is a great cook and so I asked her for her chili recipe (which I love) and she obliged!!
The plan is for everyone to try these recipes and then come back and vote on their favorite. I know I can’t wait to try all of these- they look SO good!!
- 5 lbs. ground beef, browned and drained. Season meat with 1 TBL. Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic, 1 TBL. Tastefully Simple Onion Onion, and 2-3 TBL. Tastefully Simple Wahoo Chili powder
- 2 cans 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes
- 2 cans 15 oz. black beans
- 2 cans 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 can 11 oz. Mexican-style corn
- 2 cans 15.5 oz. mild chili beans
Mix all ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour. That’s it! Heck, even I could make this!
Cornbread (adapted from the Quaker Corn Meal container recipe)
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury Best gluten-free flour blend
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. skim milk
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg beaten
Heat over to 400 degrees. Grease 8 or 9-inch pan. Combine dry ingredients. Stir in milk, oil, and egg, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter into prepared pan. Lightly cover with sugar. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Drizzle butter over the top. Serve warm. 9 servings.