BETTER LATE THAN NEVER
(And by late we of course mean 8 days late.. sorry 2013!)
Hope you have had a healthy and happy start to the new year! – and maybe you’ve already had time to execute, or at least make a start, on your new year resolutions. Do you find it hard sticking to your resolutions throughout the year? We, shamefully, belong in this group. Not for lack of trying.
So when the new year was (suddenly) upon us (you’d think we knew it was coming, what with all the countdown enthusiasm?), we found ourselves without a clear outline of this years goals. After some careful thinking, where we reflected upon sister chats throughout the previous year, we came up with the following:
- Be true to self (more details of this in a different post coming up next week…)
- Set up creative studio and re-launch (start up!) illustration career. I’ll share some photos of my art space once we’re up and running
- Try to beat last years running time… Two runs in 2013 should do the trick! – and continue yoga journey. For mind, for body, for inner peace. And probably my beautiful knees.
- Update professional profile on LinkedIn (way overdue… embarrassing really)
- Investigate healthier ‘options’ in life (emphasis on investigate. Regular exercise being way too much of a commitment as per say). For more energy. More calmness. And more balance.
- Learn how to not only use, but also understand, the camera. And dare to explore new creative (photography) projects.
- Learn to make a killer 3-course Thai meal. From scratch.
If you’re interested, we’ll share our progress – the successes and the downfalls – throughout the year. We’d love to hear yours too! Do you keep them simple, or do you see the start of a new calendar year a the perfect opportunity to make changes in your life? Should new year resolutions be limited to your personal goals, or could they be of benefit to others too?